As a business owner, you know that design is essential for growing your brand. What are the specific ways that design can help your business? In this post, we’ll explore some ways that design can help you achieve your goals. Whether you’re looking to increase sales, attract new customers, or boost your online presence, design will certainly play a key role in achieving success and commercial objectives. The effective use of design gives customers a reason to buy from you and not from your competitors. It’s one of the most valuable sources of differentiation in business today. So read on to find out how design can help grow your business.
The importance of how design can help grow your business
There is no doubt that design is important in business. Good design can help a company stand out from the competition, communicate its message effectively, and make people more likely to buy its products or services. Many companies now consider design to be a core part of their business strategy. Our client Hydropath Technology have embraced consistent brand design into their business strategy across the globe and it’s great to see how this has transformed both the visual and commercial sides of their business. As a result, our work together on their brand has allowed all their marketing communications (from packaging, website, social media and website for example) to be consistent across the world.
How to make your business stand out with great design
As a business owner, it’s essential to make your company stand out from the competition. One of the best ways to do this is through great design. By investing in good design, you can create a unique and visually appealing brand that will capture people’s attention.
Here are some tips for making your business stand out with great design:
- Make sure your branding is consistent. Your branding should be consistent across all mediums, from your website to your marketing materials to your product packaging. This will help to create a unified look and feel that represents your company.
- Use eye-catching visuals. Visuals are a key aspect of good design, so make sure you use them to your advantage. Use attractive images, bold typography, and striking colours to create a visually appealing brand identity. As a result, your visuals will certainly start to look like a consistent suite of communications.
- Be unique. It’s important to create a unique visual identity for your company that sets you apart from the competition. Don’t just copy what other businesses are doing; look at your proposition and make sure your brand is a reflection of that.
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to add too much information or content to your designs. Keep the design simple and easy to understand, so that people can quickly and easily absorb the information you’re trying to communicate.
- Use negative space wisely. Negative space (the space around objects) can be used effectively to create balance and visual interest in your design. Use it wisely to create an attractive and visually appealing layout.
Use colour and typography to your advantage
Another way to use design to your advantage is by using colour and typography wisely. Colour is used to create a specific mood or feeling, while typography is used to create hierarchy and emphasis. Here are some tips for using colour and typography to your advantage:
- Complementary colours (colours that oppose each other on the colour wheel) work well together and you can use them to create a visually appealing design.
- Contrasting colours (similar colours that have different values) are used to create a visual impact. Through the use of contrasting colours, you can use a dark colour against a light background, or a bright colour against a dark background.
- Neutral colours (colours like black, white, and grey) are used to create a calming effect or to add contrast to brighter colours.
- Warm colours (colours like red, orange, and yellow) tend to evoke positive emotions and you can use them to create a festive or positive mood in your designs.
- Cool colours (colours like blue, green, and purple) tend to evoke negative emotions and you can use them to create a calming mood in your designs.
- Finally, use typography wisely. Typography is used to create hierarchy and emphasis in your designs. It’s important to choose the right typeface for the right occasion and to use it in the right way. For example, you could use a bold typeface for headings and a light typeface for body text. Your designer will have chosen a specific set of fonts for your brand, so always work within your guidelines.
If you’re looking to make your business stand out with great design, Future Plan can help. We offer a range of services that can help you create a unique and visually appealing brand identity that will capture people’s attention. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you grow your business with design.